One food that you may not think about when you think superfoods is a banana. Here’s 8 reasons to grab those power-packed bananas for a terrific snack “on the go” instead of letting them turn brown and ending up in your trash can at the end of the week.
1) Believe it or not, bananas have several antioxidants that reduce oxidative stress on the body.
2) Starch from bananas feed your healthy gut bacteria. This is called a pre-biotic and helps aid bloat-fighting bacteria!
3) Bananas provide insoluble fiber which helps regulate bowel movements and prevent
4) Fiber also helps with weight loss.
5) Bananas are a good source of magnesium which help our muscles work properly and also boosts
lipolysis which is how our body releases fat.
6) Potassium is abundant in bananas which can help us recover after energy expenditure. It is also
necessary for our heart to keep the right pace.
7) The folate helps the “feel-good” chemicals enter your brain faster. Tryptophan helps with mood
regulation and norepinephrine helps regulate our panic response.
8) They are recognized to lower blood pressure and be protective of heart disease too.
Clearly, you can see bananas are an overall convenient power-packed snack. It's also a good way to balance if you're truly hungry or just looking for something to eat out of boredom or habit. Try this
banana trick. Ask yourself -- are you hungry enough to eat a whole banana? If the answer is yes, then
you're probably due for a snack and a healthy one at that.
Also, it is important to keep in mind that bananas are not for everyone. People that are on a low
potassium diet and certain medications, have chronic kidney disease or other conditions, may need to limit their intake of bananas too. For most people, the banana is an excellent source of nutrients!
At Faith Collaborative Health, we provide nurse practitioner health coaching and health care at home on your schedule. If you are looking to optimize your health, please join us at FaithCollaborativeHealth.com for your FREE 15-MIN CONSULTATION to get started today!
It's time to focus on you!